Our current station, located on School Street in Depauville, was built in 1957 and replaced our
original station which was built in 1932, when the district was formed. The old building still stands, used as a residence
by Dan Wilkie.
In the mid-seventies, a hip roof was placed on the building, with the original flat roof left in place. While this reduced the possibility
of a collapse of the flat roof, it did not improve the limited headroom inside the station. This was remedied in 1986 when the
flat roof was removed from within the building and the front replaced. The two 10' x 20' doors replaced three 9' x 9' doors and now opened
into an apparatus floor with a 12'6" ceiling.
A meeting room with kitchen in the building was removed when the original Firemen's Hall was completed in 1979.